Hmm… how to make a big bunch of shredded carrots look good on a plate? Probably some kind of vignette, retro-ish effect would work. Or not. Anyway, this summer carrot salad tastes 100x better than it might look and is great on a hot summer day. The spiciness of the garlic, tanginess of the lemon, sweetness of the cranberries (or raisins), smoothness of the olive oil and earthiness of the carrots really come together to make this a fantastic dish for the summer or any time or year. You won’t be able to put down your fork.
- food processor fitted with the shredding attachment… or a box grater
- garlic press
- about 2 lbs of carrots, washed, peeled (or not) and grated
- 6 large cloves of garlic minced (add or subtract for your tastebuds)
- handful of dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or for added flavor and omega 3′s use 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon flax seed oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (two juicy lemons)
- Grate carrots, mince garlic, and combine all ingredients together.