This past week, I was at corporate training in Dallas, and man, oh man, was it a complete. paleo. disaster. I was on track for the first two days other than drinking at night with friends, but by Wednesday, Paleo had pretty much gone out the window. I did manage to work out throughout the week, so I don’t feel quite as bad, but I definitely didn’t come back from training feeling healthy. So for now, I’m going back to a pretty strict paleo regimen until I can get back to normal. Hence, the less inventive (albeit tasty) turkey cutlet and kale salad above. I don’t know why I don’t eat turkey more often like this. It tastes good and has a nice, meaty texture. This meal was also on the table in less than 15 minutes. I promise.
- 1 Turkey cutlet
- A few handfuls of chopped kale
- ½ of an english cucumber
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar of choice
- ground pepper
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, drop in the turkey cutlet. You’re going to cook it for about 4 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, combine kale and other vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Add pepper to taste.