Yum! Make these blueberry muffins for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. They’re delicious anytime, anywhere, and are gluten free and paleo friendly. A lot of times paleo friendly muffins can be dense and mealy, but these are pretty perfect. I’d say they’re about the consistency of a bran muffin. I’ve also added chia seeds for Omega-3′s and some texture… think poppy seed muffins. Enjoy!
- large mixing bowl
- muffin tin
- muffin papers or whatever the official name of those things is
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter, well stirred
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 Omega 3, cage free eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries (if you’re using frozen, which I would recommend because of their juiciness. Stick them in the microwave for a minute to warm them up, and use the juice as well )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put the muffin papers into your muffin tin. This recipe makes 12 good size muffins
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and your wet ingredients in a bowl. Combine the two.
- Spoon a big dollop of muffin mixture into each cup. To make it even, just go around each cup and spoon in extra with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Use the toothpick trick to determine if they’re done.